The most important and accessible Media player by many users is referred to as Kodi application. The developers working at the background designed this amazing application great a huge customer base for this application. The user experience was improved with the regular updates provided by the Kodi application’s developers. Recently, the Kodi update 2019 was named as Leia (18.3 version). Here we will talk about How to Update Kodi to Latest Version in July 2019.
Even Kodi developers also announced The beta version of next Kodi update called KODI 19 M. The stabilized version is yet to be released very soon. Within a few minutes of time, it is much easier to update the latest version of Kodi application. The most important part of updating Kodi to the last version provides a hassle-free experience and better user interface.
The multi-faced application named Kodi supports all the devices and operating systems. Please find below the provided procedure to update your Kodi Software with the latest version for each device and various operating systems.
How to Update Kodi to Latest Version (July 2019)
- 1 How to Update Kodi to Latest Version (July 2019)
- 1.1 Before Updating Kodi – Things to know
- 1.2 How to Upgrade Kodi on Android Devices
- 1.3 How to Update Kodi on Firestick in 2 Minutes
- 1.4 How to Update Kodi on Windows Operating System
- 1.5 How to Update Kodi on MAC Operating System
- 1.6 How to Update the Latest Version of Kodi on an Apple TV 2
- 1.7 How to Update Kodi 18 on iPad (2019)
- 1.8 Update the latest Version of Kodi on GBox
- 1.9 Update Kodi Latest version on Raspberry Pi
- 1.10 how to Update Kodi App on Linux
Please find below the provided steps to update the Kodi application for each device to the latest Leia version. here we have shared different methods to update Kodi to 18 Leia.
Before Updating Kodi – Things to know
This is the most important part of the Kodi application updating process. As of now currently, many users are using the Kodi 17.6 Krypton version. However, we suggest you to backup all the data before updating the Kodi application to 18.3 Leia version. For the backup process, you can make use of the Indigo Kodi add-on for better assistance. You can easily install the Indigo Kodi add-on directly from the repository of TV add-ons and process the backup procedure on your existing data from the Kodi application. Now, let’s learn how to update Kodi in 4 minutes.
How to Upgrade Kodi on Android Devices
Please follow the below-provided steps to update the latest version of Kodi on Android Devices (Android Box, Android Tablet, and Android Phone).
NOTE: We suggest you secure your online streaming on the Kodi application with the help of the IPvanish VPN.
Update Kodi 18.3 on Android Smartphone
You can update the Kodi application to the latest version using the two methods: Google Play Store and Kodi website itself. Please follow the below steps to install the latest version of Kodi application on your Android Smartphone:
Through Kodi website
- Open a web browser on the Android Smartphone and under the web address enter kodi.tv and access the website.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Android option.
- Again choose the Android phone from the drop-down menu.
- Then choose the option ARMV7A (which is 32-bit).
- The download process will be automatically started.
- After successful download, click on the file.
- You will be provided with a disclaimer stating the new version installation will lose your data and click on the Install button.
- After successful installation, your Kodi application will be updated to the latest version and enjoy the same.
Through Google Play Store
- On your Android Smartphone, navigate to access Google Play Store.
- Search for the Kodi application.
- You will be provided with the latest version 18.3 Leia of Kodi application, click on the Update button.
- It will replace the earlier version of Kodi application with the latest 18.3 Leia version.
How to Update Kodi on Android Box (Step by Step Guide)
Please follow the below steps to install the latest version of Kodi on Android Box:
- Launch the Home screen on your Android Box and navigate to Apps.
- Select the option Browser App and input the web URL https://kodi.tv/download and from the drop-down menu select the option “Android”.
- You will be prompted to install the Kodi application 18.3 Leia version through Google Play or via ARMV7A options, choose the ARMV7A.
- Again you will be prompted to choose the installation method: Browser or via ES Downloader, select the ES Downloader option to automatically download the Kodi version.
- After downloading the Kodi version, please close the web browser.
- Launch the Home screen on your Android Box and navigate to Apps, choose the AppInstaller application.
- A pop-up window will appear seeking for your permission to proceed with the installation either on your ScanDisk SD card or Local Disk, choose the Local Disk option.
- From the drop-down menu, browser and select the Kodi Android App and click on the same to install.
- You will be provided with a disclaimer stating the new version installation will lose your data, Select the All option and click on the Install button.
- After successful installation, your Kodi application will be updated to the latest version (V18.3 Leia) and enjoy the same.
Please be informed that always make use of the VPN service to stream or watch the live or online content without any stream error on the Android box. That’s how we can update Kodi on android box.
How Do I update Kodi on Android Tablet
Please follow the below steps to install the latest version of Kodi application on your Android Tablet:
- If your Android Tablet has already installed with Kodi application then you can access the Google Play Store on your Android Tablet.
- Under the search box, input as Kodi and click on the search button.
- On your screen, the Kodi application will be displayed and click on the Update button.
- The updating process will start and install the latest version of Kodi app 18.3 Leia will be installed on the Android tablet and enjoy the entertainment.
How to Update Kodi on Firestick in 2 Minutes
We would like to inform that there are multiple different methods you can follow to update the Kodi application on the Firestick to the 18.3 Leia version. It helps to improve the streaming performance with the installation of Kodi to the latest version.
The methods are Using Downloader App, Installation within Kodi application, WS File Downloader, and Sideloading.
Update Kodi 18.3 Leia Using Downloader App
Please enable the option named “Allow Apps from the Unknown Sources” on your system, device, Fire TV or Firestick before starting with the updating process. After enabling this feature, please proceed with the next step:
- Under the search option, lookup for the Downloader app.
- Click on it to download and install the updates (referred to as Downloader app).
- Once downloaded, double-tap to launch the Downloader.
- Now, type in the web URL https://kodi.tv/download
- Scroll down the page and choose the option named Android.
- On the pop-up window, navigate to the Recommend Tab.
- Click on either one option 32-bit ARMV7A or 64-bit ARMV8A.
- Choose your preference and click on the link to download the appropriate version.
How to Update Kodi 17.6 Within the Kodi Application (Android Kodi Installer)
Please follow the below steps to update the Kodi application to the latest version (Leia 18.3 version) within the application itself:
- Please launch the Main Menu of the Firestick application and choose the Settings option.
- Choose the option Applications and select the Manage Installed application. Then click on Select and open the Kodi application.
- After launching the Kodi application, choose the Add-ons menu from the main screen, and select the Box-shaped Package Installer option.
- Click on the option named “Install from the Repository” and choose the option Kodi Addon Repository.
- Navigate to the Program Addons section and install using the Kodi Android Installer.
- You can receive a pop-up message whether the Kodi addon is already installed or not.
- Revert back to the Kodi application Main screen and select the Add-ons then Program Add-ons and press the Android Installer.
- After launching the Android installer, you will be prompted to choose your preferences like Test-Builds, Snapshots, Releases and Nightly. Now, select the Releases option.
- Please select the Kodi-17.6-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk APK file under the Arm Kodi Release drop-down menu.
- The installation process for Kodi Krypton 17.6 version will be automatically started.
- You will receive a pop-up message to provide permission to install the latest update of Kodi application and please press the Install button.
- After the successful download, launch the Kodi application and enjoy the update of Firestick. You can follow the above-provided steps again, in case the Kodi application is not properly working on your Firestick device.
With the help of AppStarter app, you can easily update Kodi application to the latest version. Through the ES File Explorer, please add the AppStarter application on your Fire TV or the Firestick device.
After the installation process, please launch the AppStarter application and update the Kodi application to the latest version on your Firestick. Now, you can easily use the Kodi 18.3 Leia latest version. Please ensure that after an update, all the addon library files are restored.
How to Update Kodi 18 Leia on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
- Open the Main Menu on your Amazon Firestick and navigate to the Search option and input as ES File Explorer.
- Launch the ES File Explorer and click on the Tools option and choose Download Manager.
- Click on the Plus sign (New), enter the web URL https://bit.ly/2ZCTLVV and click on the Ok button.
- Provide your preferable path name and click on the Download Now option.
- The Kodi 18.3 Leia version will automatically start the download process.
- Double-tab the download file or click on the Open File option to start the installation process on the Firestick device.
- Return back to the Main screen and launch the older version of Kodi application (17.6 version).
- Click on the Update button to enjoy the Kodi application with 18.3 Leia version on your Firestick device.
How to Update Kodi 18.3 on Firestick via Sideloading Method
Please follow the below steps to update the Kodi 18.3 application to the latest version using the Sideloading method:
- Access your Android phone and navigate to the Google Play store to install the Kodi application to the latest version.
- Install the Apps2Fire application from the Google Play Store directly to your Android Smartphone and then launch the installed application (Apps2Fire).
- Open the Home page on your Firestick and select the Settings option and choose the Network option.
- Make a note of your Firestick’s IP address.
- On your Android Smartphone, launch the Apps2Fire application and access the Setup tab.
- Then input the Firestick’s IP address and click on the Local Apps option.
- Browse and locate the Kodi application from the available list and click on the Install button.
- The Kodi application will be automatically transferred to the Firestick device.
- Search and find the Kodi application from the Firestick’s Apps list.
- Launch the Kodi 18.3 Leia update to enjoy the hassle-free entertainment
How to Update Kodi on Windows Operating System
We would like to inform that there are two different methods you can follow to update the Kodi application on your Windows operating system to the 18.3 Leia version.
The methods are: Through Windows Installer or via Windows Store.
Using Windows Installer
Please follow the below steps to update the Kodi application version using the Windows Installer:
- Launch the Kodi application on your Windows operating system and navigate to Add-ons and then choose the Package Installer (which is a box-shaped icon).
- Now, choose the option “Install from Repository”.
- From the list of multiple repositories, choose the Kodi Addon Repository.
- Navigate to Program Addon, click on the option Windows Installer and tap the Install button.
- After successful installation, return back to the main screen on your Kodi application and click on the Addons option.
- Select the Program Addon and click on the Kodi Installer.
- Under Releases, select the Win32 option. Now, the multiple versions of Kodi Leia versions will be listed for your reference.
- Select the Kodi latest 18.3 Leia version and download process will automatically be started and updated to the latest version of Kodi application and enjoy the entertainment.
Using the Windows Store
Please follow the below steps to update Kodi application using the Windows Store:
- Navigate to the Windows Store and search the free Kodi App.
- Press on the “Get the App” button.
- Select the Open Microsoft Store from the pop-up window.
- Select the Launch button.
- Now, the Kodi app will be automatically downloaded to your Windows local hard disk drive and double-click to launch the file.
- The latest version 18.3 Leia of Kodi application will replace the earlier version and will not impact any sort of files including Kodi repositories, Kodi add-ons, and the application settings.
How to Update Kodi on MAC Operating System
Please follow the below procedure to update the latest version of Kodi application (18.3 Leia) on your MAC operating system:
- Open up a web browser and navigate to the Kodi official website (https://kodi.tv/) and click on the Download section.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Mac OS icon.
- On the pop-up window, click on the 64-bit Installer option.
- The download process will automatically be started.
- After successful download, please access the file.
- You will be prompted to install the latest version to replace the earlier version with no data loss on the Kodi application and click on the Install button.
Now, access the latest version of Kodi application (Leia 18.3 version) and enjoy the entertainment. We also suggest you connect your Mac OS to a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service to experience with hassle-free.
How to Update the Latest Version of Kodi on an Apple TV 2
Please be informed that you should require a MAC computer to update the latest version of Kodi on an Apple TV 2. You can make use of the Apple TV VPN (Virtual Private Network) to access the secure live streaming.
Please follow the below steps to update the latest version of Kodi on an Apple TV 2:
- Login to your MAC account and access the Terminal and input the following syntax or command: ssh [email protected] (the above-mentioned IP address must be replaced with your Apple TV 2 IP address).
- Now, you will be prompted to enter your MAC account password. (By default the password should be alpine).
- Now, please type-in the below-mentioned syntax or commands one by one:
- apt-get install wget
- wget -0- http://apt.awkwardtv.org/awkwardtv.pub | apt-key add –
- echo ?deb http://apt.awkwardtv.org/ stable main? > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/awkwardtv.list
- echo ?eb http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/atv2 ./? > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/xbmc.list
- apt-get update
- apt-get install org.xbmc.kodi-atv2
After entering all the syntax properly, your Apple TV 2 device will be automatically restarted. After the restart, your device will be updated with the latest version of Kodi application (Leia 18.3 version) on your Apple TV 2.
How to Update Kodi 18 on iPad (2019)
Please follow the below steps to update the latest version of Kodi application on your iPad device:
- Open the Safari browser on your iPad device and access the Kodi official website (https://kodi.tv)
- Click on iOS and From the drop-down menu, and select the new DEB file.
- The download process for Kodi application will be automatically started.
- After successful download, click on the “Open In” option and select the choice “Copy to iFile”.
- From the multiple options, choose the Installer.
- Now, it will install the Kodi application’s latest version (Leia 18.3) on your iPad device.
- After successful installation, you can start streaming the media contents without any hassle.
Update the latest Version of Kodi on GBox
Please follow the best steps to install the latest version of Kodi application on your GBox device:
- Access the Main screen on your GBox device and choose the Google Play Store.
- Search and locate the ES File Explorer and click on to install the file.
- Return back to the main screen and access the web browser.
- Enter the web URL https://Kodi.tv/download and select Android from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the option named ARM and then proceed with the Kodi latest version 18.0 Leia download.
- A pop-up window which seeks for your permission to proceed further with the installation process. Click on New and then tab the install button to install the application.
- The new and latest version of Kodi application will be replaced with the older version without any data loss.
Update Kodi Latest version on Raspberry Pi
Please follow the below-provided instructions to update the latest version of Kodi 18 on Raspberry Pi device:
- Open up a web browser and access the OpenELEC official website http://openelec.tv/ and under the Download section, please choose the Raspberry Pi Builds.
- Raspberry Pi generation has multiple builds, please be cautious while choosing your generation and download the appropriate Zip file that is compatible with your device.
- The Zip file should be extracted to your device.
- You can transfer the extracted files to a micro SD card. You can perform this task by using a third-party application (For Ex. Rufus) to create it as a bootable USB drive.
- After installing the Rufus application, under the Device option choose SD Card and select the option as Disk Image.
- Now upload and navigate the bootable USD drive (SD Card) and click on the Start button to replace the existing file.
- Now eject the SD card and connect back the Raspberry Pi device and turn on the device.
- It will automatically boot the device with the help of this bootable USD drive file and update the latest version of Kodi app (18.3 Leia) to your Raspberry Pi device.
how to Update Kodi App on Linux
The Kodi application is now included under the Ubuntu repositories as well, the installation procedure is straightforward and much easier to install the Kodi application on Linux operating system.
Please follow the steps below to update the latest version of Kodi on Linux
On the Linux operating system, access the Terminal window (simultaneously press the combination keys: Ctrl + Alt + T) and input the below-mentioned syntax as exactly:
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
If you do not have the required additional files then the above-mentioned syntax will not work. To obtain the required additional files, please input the following syntax:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
Now, you should be able to update the latest version (Leia 18.3) of Kodi on your Linux operating system. Enjoy the happy streaming.
Follow the above guide on how to update Kodi to Latest Version on various devices and operating systems. Bookmark this page to get latest updates of Kodi. Still, have a doubt? Feel free to comment.