Firestick Update 2019: The Amazon Firestick is a TV service which lets users watch a wide variety of programs, movies, music shows, and even play games over an internet connection. Like any other application, The Firestick is at its best when updated regularly. Each new update brings different features and fixes bugs and improves performance issues. An update for the Fire TV lets the users view the local movie timings etc. Amazon releases updates for Fire TV quite regularly. Also, the updating process is not a tiresome one and if you have a good internet connection it should be a breeze. In this article, we will be looking at how to update Firestick in 2019 and covers all the necessary steps.
How To Update Amazon Firestick 2019
Firstly before updating Firestick make sure your internet connection is fine. Else, you will be bumping into problems. The update process for the Firestick is quite simple and is the same across the Fire TV as well.
Here are the steps to update Amazon Firestick in 2019.
- Choose settings option from the right side of the menu bar.
- After scrolling to the right choose the Device option.
- Select the option named ‘About’.
- Nextly, scroll down and select Software Version.
- Select the Check for System Update Option.
In case an update is available, it will be downloaded automatically. Once downloaded, select Install System Update option. Now you have latest Firestick Update 2019.
Updating Kodi – Firestick Update 2019
Kodi is one of the Standout apps available on the Amazon Firestick. Kodi is used for streaming content from the internet like music, movies, podcasts and also acts as a hub for local media. The app is incredibly popular and is the de-facto choice as media player among the internet community. The good thing is Kodi is available on the Firestick and we will see how to update Kodi in the Amazon Firestick.
Update Kodi For Firestick Using ES Explorer (Latest Firestick Update 2019)
- Turn on the option “Apps from unknown sources”
- Now Go to the Amazon App Store and install the ES File Explorer.
- Now in the download manager, add the following source-https://troypoint.com/kodistable.
- What happens is that the latest version of Kodi will be downloaded onto the Firestick.
- Nextly, install the file and go through the installation process.
- Launch Kodi and choose the settings you prefer.
Update Kodi using Downloader (Firestick Update 2019)
- Turn on the option”Apps from unknown sources”.
- Go to the Amazon App Store and install downloader.
- Within the address bar in the downloader type in the following URL-https://troypoint.com/as.
- Install Appstarter and launch the app.
- Go to the settings windows under Appstarter and under the update section, choose Kodi.
Reinstall Kodi After Failed Update
Sometimes the updating process might not go as expected. So in the case of a failed update follow the steps given below.
- Open ‘Applications’ From the Firestick Settings.
- In ‘Applications’, select ‘Manage Installed Applications’.
- Now scroll down and choose Kodi.
- Select ‘Force Stop’ To make sure that Kodi is not running in the background.
- Select the ‘Uninstall Option’.
Now we have to begin the installation process again.
- Turn the ‘Apps From Unknown Sources Option’ On.
- From the Amazon App Store Install Downloader.
- Now paste the following URL in the box-https://troypoint.com/kodistable and select download button.
- Choose install when prompted to update the current application.
- Finally, Launch Kodi and ensure that your preferred settings have been saved.
Firestick is undoubtedly one of the best products from Amazon and to ensure that you get the best out of it, regular updating is necessary. In this article, we have shown you the steps needed to update Firestick 2019 as well as Kodi. If you still have any issues do write to us.