Install Kodi 18 on Firestick: Kodi is amongst the hottest options for content streaming on the internet. The open source software works as a media center and caters to all your entertainment needs. Despite, some of the negativity clouding due to use of certain add-ons, Kodi remains a fan favorite. Hence it is no secret, why it is amongst the most downloaded freeware on the net. Kodi is available on a wide range of devices from PCs and Smartphones to even Raspberry Pi. Kodi can also be installed in the popular Amazon Firestick and that is what we will be checking out in this article. However, if you don’t know what Kodi, Firestick is and how they tie up together, we’ve got a bit of info as well.
Why Kodi on Firestick?
Kodi is a digital media hub for organizing your media content as well as streaming content from the internet. Kodi also lets you stream live TV with a bit of tweak as well. It is a versatile piece of software and is compatible with a wide range of operating systems from Windows, Mac to Linux. What makes Kodi quite popular is the open source nature and the wide range of add-ons it houses. This has its downside as well since Kodi can be used to watch copyrighted content for free. However, the positives overwhelm the negatives and Kodi has been accepted by the Internet Community as one of the best media center’s out there. Kodi can be used to Jailbreak the Firestick and hence users are interested in bringing to the Amazon device. A combination of Kodi with the Firestick can lead to unlimited streaming of movies, and music. so today we will talk about how to install kodi 18 on firestick.
How To Install Kodi 18 on Firestick?
There are many ways to install kodi 18 leia on firestick but here we have listed some easy methods which are working. So let’s proceed to the guide on installing kodi leia on firestick.
Install Kodi 18 on Firestick Using ES File Explorer
- Turn on Firestick and select Settings.
- Choose System and from there go to Developer Options.
- Turn ”Allow Apps from unknown sources” option.
- Now from the Amazon Firestick menu, go to the search bar.
- Type in ‘ES File Explorer’
- Download and Install ES File Explorer.
- The next step is to launch the app. In the app go to Tools and select Download Manager.
- Select the ‘+New’ option from the bottom.
- Now, in the path box type in the following link- https://bit.ly/2soKiWu
- Click ‘OK’.
- For the ‘Name’ type in ‘Kodi’.
- Choose the ‘Download Now’ option.
- The download process would have begun.
- After the downloading is over click on the open file to install it.
- Now go to the Kodi home screen and run the app from there.
Guide to Install Kodi Leia on Firestick using the Downloader App
The downloader app is another way to Download Kodi 18 on Firestick.
- Go to Settings>Devices and select Developer Options.
- Turn the option ‘Allow Apps From Unknown Sources’ On.
- From the main menu go to ‘Search’.
- Type in ‘Downloader’.
- Download and Install the App.
- Launch the App and type in the Following Link: https://bit.ly/2soKiWu
- Click on ‘Go’.
- The Kodi 18.0 installation file would have started downloading.
- Once the downloading is over, install the App on the Amazon Fire TV.
- Click on Open To Launch the Kodi 18 App.
Installing AddOns on Kodi 18
Kodi 18 Features a wide range of AddOns to enrich the experience. Follow the steps to install the Kodi 18 AddOns.
- Open the Kodi 18 App in Firestick.
- Click on the ‘Add-ons’ option.
- Nextly, select the installation icon from the top left section.
- Now, click on the option ‘Install From Repository’.
- Select ‘Kodi add-on repository ‘>Video Addons.
- Click on any Video plugin you wish to install like ‘USTVNOW’.
- Click ‘Install Option’.
- Wait for the add-on enabled notification.
- Go back to the Kodi Homescreen.
- Select Add-ons>Video Add-ons.
- Now choose the plugin you have installed.
What’s new in Kodi 18?
Let’s check out some of the new features included in the latest Kodi version.
- A new section for games with support for retro emulation and game controllers.
- Support for the new Xbox console-Xbox one.
- A 64 bit Binary for Windows.
- Bettered Support for the Android Tv Features like voice-to-text and search.
- New Support for Secure Digital(SD) card installation on Android Operating System.
- Support for streaming devices that use DRM.
VPNs For Kodi
Certain Addons For Kodi 18 work only in particular countries. This geographical restriction can be bypassed using VPN. Using VPNs bring in the following benefits
- Added Privacy-Using VPNs give you an added layer of privacy.
- Using VPNs can prevent your ISP from throttling your internet speed.
- Remove Geo-Restrictions imposed on Kodi AddOns.
While there are a number of VPNs available for Kodi, our recommendation is to get IPVanish. It is highly rated and compatible with the Firestick. Also preferably stay away from the free VPNs available, as they tend to bring in problems of their own.
Follow the above guide to install Kodi 18 on firestick. Using the knowledge gained from this article users can download & install Kodi 18.0 and it’s add-ons in the Firestick and it will definitely keep you busy.