We have all used Amazon at some point in our lives. It might be buying products online, selling products, or even cloud computing and streaming services. Some of us cannot survive without using some of these services.
You can access Amazon through the web or by installing the Amazon app on your devices. You, however, have to create an account for you to enjoy Amazon services.
You are also required to add payment methods to your Amazon account. So, how can you manage your payment method across all your Amazon accounts and devices?
1. Managing Your Payment Methods
You cannot enjoy any Amazon service if you have not added or updated your payment method. To do this, you will need to navigate to Your Account and then select Your Payments. Here, you will have access to different options to manage your payment methods.
However, if you update your payment method after placing an order, it will not be changed for that particular order. If this is what you are looking for, you should change that order’s information instead.
Here are the steps you should follow when managing your payment methods;
- Navigate to Your Account and then select Your Payments.
- If you want to add a new payment method, click on Add a payment method. Make sure that you are adding the payment to the category that you want.
- If you want to remove or edit a payment method, the first thing is to select the payment method to remove or edit. Once the payment method window opens, select Edit just beneath it. Here, you can change the card details, make it the default payment, change your billing address, or even delete the card. If you want to remove the card from your Amazon account, then select Remove from wallet.
- After selecting what you are looking for, you will need to follow the on-screen instructions to complete the action.
Some card providers might go the extra mile and provide Amazon with your updated card details when they re-issue you with a new card. In such a case, you do not have to update your payment methods.
2. Managing Backup Payment Methods
Sometimes, you might have issues making payments on Amazon with your default payment method. In such a situation, you will need a backup payment method that can be used when your default payment method does not work.
Imagine a situation where you are buying an essential product. However, your default payment method does not work and you have to sort it with your bank. Instead of waiting for hours or even a day, you can use a backup payment method.
Here are the steps to follow when managing your backup payment methods;
- Navigate to Your Account and then select Manage Backup Payment Method.
- Here, you will see a list of all the backup payment methods added to your account. You can enable or disable them using the available selection button.
- Select any of the backup payment methods for review, editing, and updating. You can also delete any of them from the list.
- Save your changes.
What if you only have one credit card or debit card? Well, this should not worry you because you can get more with SoFi, especially when it comes to credit cards.
Adding a backup payment method is important, especially in ensuring that your orders are not delayed or Amazon streaming services disrupted even when your default payment method does not work.
3. Setting a Default Payment Method
As discussed above, you need to ensure that you have a default payment method with your Amazon account. If it is a credit card, this is the account where money will be deducted automatically, not unless you have a problem with the account.
So, how do you set a default payment method? You can follow these steps;
- Navigate to Your Account, select Your Payments, and then Settings.
- Look for Your Default Purchase Preference and then click on Change Preference.
- Here, you will see Payment Method. Click on Change.
- You will get a list of all the payment methods you have added to your Amazon account. Select the one that you want to make the default payment method.
- If you want to add a new payment method, click on More Payment Options and follow the steps above.
- Save your changes.
You can use the same Amazon account on different devices. However, you should be very careful when doing this. For instance, you should not sign into your Amazon account using a public device or a device that is used by many people. If you are using a streaming service such as Firestick or Fire TV, then invest in a VPN service to protect yourself from hackers.
If not, anyone using these devices will be able to make orders or even change your personal information. You might even find yourself in a situation where your personal information is stolen. A good rule of the thumb is to make sure that you have signed out of any devices that are used by other people.
You can easily manage your payment methods across all your Amazon accounts and devices easily. This is sensitive information and you need to be as discreet as possible to avoid exposing such information to the public.