The below tutorial will show you the complete methods to install Lime Player on Firestick. This method also works for firestick 4k, Fire TV, Windows PC, Android & Fire TV Cube.
We have always been talking about various apps for firestick which add more value to your entertainment and which can deliver top quality content. However, we have never talked about a good video player which can help you play content specifically for firestick. Hence, we have come up with this article today to introduce you to lime player for firestick and will show you how to install it. It was important to bring this article to you as Showbox has mandated users to download the lime player in its latest update, that is, version 5.3.1. In this way, show box has officially shown support for lime player and made its default player. Showbox is a very good app for streaming of online videos on firestick, so it is important to use Lime player on Firestick if you want to continue with Showbox. The lime player will be useful in playing or streaming offline videos as well.
What is Lime Player? (Overview & Features)
The lime player uses hardware acceleration with HW+ decoder and supports full HD and 4K content with subtitles as well. Let us see some more technical details of lime player:
- App Version: v1.0.1
- OS supported: Android 5.0 and above
- Developers: Lime Player Team
- Last updated: 07 June 2019
- File Size: 10 MB
- It plays all type of video files and support formats like AVI, MP3, WAV, AAC, MOV, MP4, WMV, RMVB, FLAC, 3GP, M4V, MKV, TS, MPG, FLV, etc.
- It also supports subtitle formats such as MicroDVD(.sub), VobSub(.sub/.idx), SubViewer2.0(.sub), SubRip(.srt), TMPlayer(.txt), PJS(.pjs), WebVTT(.vtt), MPL2(.mpl), DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks, SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling, and SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
How to Install Lime Player on Firestick & Fire TV (2019)
- Launch your Firestick
- Connect with Wifi Network
- Find settings option and click on it.
- Click on My Fire TV option.
- Click on “Developer options” in the list that appears.
- When you see the “Apps from unknown sources” option, turn it on.
- Now search the Downloader app in the official Amazon App Store and install it.
Didn’t find downloader app? Follow this guide to install Downloader app on your firestick.
- Launch the downloader app after it is installed.
- The Downloader app lets you download lime player on firestick by entering URL or link. In this way, you can sideload apps which are not available on the official app store.
- We will download Lime player on firestick using the side loading method, so enter this URL in the space provided in Downloader app: https://bit.ly/2XE4TRQ
- Click on Go button and the download of lime player APK will automatically start.
- You will see a prompt to install the lime player as soon as it is downloaded, click ‘install’ button to start its installation.
- You may choose to delete the APK after the lime player apk on firestick is installed.
- You are good to go! The lime player is now installed on your firestick, you can launch it from the menu just like any other app. So start using it.
We have now completed the installation of the lime player for Firestick. Now we will learn how to install the lime player on your Windows PC.
How to Download Lime Player APK On Firestick & Fire TV (Video Tutorial)
How to Install Lime Player on Windows PC
If you like a Lime player after using it on firestick, we also have a way to show for using it on Windows. Windows usually support .exe files just like android supports .APK files. However, there is no exe file available on the internet for the lime player app. Hence, we will have to work with the APK file mandatorily. Fortunately, there is a freely available software on the internet which lets you run any APK files. This will not just help you run lime player but any android game or application that you like. The software is called emulator and is available with the name of bluestacks on its official website.
You can imagine this software just like an Android operating system which runs on top of your Windows operating system. Hence, it also comes with a lot of its own requirements and consumes a lot of space, memory and computing power of your PC. Hence, we suggest to download it only if you have a PC with good configuration, such as at least 4 GB RAM and more than 100 GB free space as minimum configuration.
Below are the steps to download and install the lime player on windows PC using bluestacks.
- First, download and install the Bluestacks emulator on your PC from the official website.
- Launch Bluestacks and sign in to Google account just like we do on mobile.
- You will start feeling familiar now as the interface is of Android only.
- Go to Google Play Store and search for the lime player. The app is available on the official Android store and hence it is easy to install.
- Once the app is installed, check the app drawer to find it and just click to launch it.
Also, See – Best IPTV Player for Windows PC
Alright friends, we have demonstrated above the steps of installation of the lime player on firestick and windows. We hope that this article will useful for continued usage of the Showbox app on firestick. If you liked the article, please share it with your friends and keep supporting us as always. We will also keep coming with more such useful articles as always. Stay tuned and thank you!