Today, we’ll be taking a look at how to install the Typhoon TV app on FireStick. The Typhoon TV streaming service gives you free access to some of today’s most-watched TV series. It’s quite similar to the Cinema HD app and it lets you watch movies, shows and viral videos with ease.
Although we’ll be installing the Typhoon TV APK on a FireStick today, these same instructions can be used to install the Typhoon TV APK on Fire TV Cube, Android TV or any other Android devices. Let’s get started.
Just the APK
- 1 Just the APK
- 2 Installing Typhoon TV on FireStick
- 3 Using Typhoon TV via FireStick
- 4 Typhoon TV Standout Features
- 5 Is Typhoon TV APK Safe?
- 6 Is Typhoon TV Legal?
- 7 Frequently Asked Questions
- 8 Typhoon TV Alternatives
- 9 Conclusion
If you already know how to install Typhoon TV on your FireStick, you can download the latest version of the APK file here. Feel free to jump to the end and take a look at some frequently asked questions about the app.
The Typhoon TV APK will work on more than just FireStick. It’s compatible with Android TV Box, Mi Box, Nvidia Shield, Fire TV and other devices. If you’re looking for a safe place to download Typhoon TV APK then you’ve come to the right place.
Installing Typhoon TV on FireStick
Getting the Downloader App
First of all, you’ll need to get the Downloader application to be able to install Typhoon TV. This is because the Typhoon TV app isn’t natively supported on the Amazon App Store. To get Downloader, follow these steps:
- Turn your FireStick on.
- Go to the home screen.
- Hover over the Settings icon at the top right of the menu bar.
- Click My Fire TV.
- Go to Developer Options.
- Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources and press Turn On when a prompt appears.
- Navigate back to the home screen and search for Downloader.
- Download the Downloader application.
Install Typhoon TV APK
Now that you’ve got the Downloader app, you’re ready to install Typhoon TV. To do that, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the Downloader app.
- Press Allow on the first pop-up you see.
- Press OK when the developer notes pop up.
- In the URL bar, type in [insert our URL].
- Press Go.
- Wait for the Typhoon TV APK to finish downloading.
- Press Install.
You should now have the Typhoon TV application on your FireStick. You can start using it to watch TV shows and movies.
Using Typhoon TV via FireStick
Once you’ve downloaded the Typhoon TV APK file and installed it, you’ll need to learn how to use the app itself. Watching movies and TV shows through the app is just a few simple steps away:
Getting Set Up
We’ll need to set up the Typhoon app first. It’ll present you with a few prompts that you’ll need to go through before being able to use the video streaming app.
- Open the Typhoon TV app.
- Press Allow when it prompts you to grant it access to photos, media and files.
- Press OK or the back button when the changelog pops up.
- Pick a default video player from the menu. ExoPlayer is recommended.
- Read and accept the disclaimer.
Using Typhoon TV
You’re finally ready to start using the Typhoon TV app to watch all the movies and TV shows you want. The user interface is, thankfully, quite intuitive. All you need to do to start watching your favorite TV series is follow these steps:
- Open the app.
- The homepage will show you TV series first by default.
- Click on the Menu button in the top-left corner of your screen. Here you can look at movies, downloads and any other media.
- Click on the movie or TV show you want to watch.
Now, the app comes with a lot of other functionalities as well. You can filter the media by the genre or the year that it was made. You can also download videos directly completely free of charge through the app. Take note, however, that this might fall under piracy in your jurisdiction.
Typhoon TV Standout Features
- You can sort the media you want to watch by genre and year of release.
- The app supports subtitles, so you don’t need to worry if the content you want to watch is in a language you don’t speak.
- Built-in media player.
- You can download the content you want to watch offline or save your favorite shows in the Favorites tab.
- High-quality video.
- Chromecast, Real Debris and Trekt integration.
- It works on a variety of platforms from Android TV and Android TV boxes to older Fire TVs and FireStick Lite.
Is Typhoon TV APK Safe?
The Typhoon TV app is a fork of the now-retired Titanium TV. That, combined with the fact that it’s a free app unavailable on most popular app stores can lead some to believe that the app is unsafe. Let’s take a look at the app to see if it’s safe for you to install.
Analyzing the Typhoon TV APK using VirusTotal antivirus shows us that there’s nothing suspicious going on as far as the antivirus can tell. With that being said, that doesn’t mean we should immediately drop our guard.
The second threat can be malicious adware just waiting for you to click the wrong advertisement. However, Typhoon TV doesn’t have any ads on any of the shows you can stream through it. As a result, we can conclude that the APK is safe to install.
This is important:If you’re still uncertain, then the best idea is to use a VPN to make your traffic anonymous. You should always place security as your highest priority. Don’t download Typhoon TV APK unless you’re assured of its safety.
A cursory Google search shows us that a lot of people moved from Cyberflix TV due to safety concerns. Looking at Reddit, we can see that the users there are also very satisfied with Typhoon TV’s safety.
Is Typhoon TV Legal?
Simply having the Typhoon TV Android app installed on your device is completely legal. However, it’s quite difficult to determine whether the app itself is legal to use.
The information on whether or not it has the proper licensing for all of the content it lets you view isn’t available online. At a glance, it seems that the app lets you watch copyrighted content for free without a license, which is piracy.
Note:Whether or not piracy is legal will depend on your specific jurisdiction. On the other hand, you can always enjoy the content that is in the public domain free of charge and free of any legal guilt.
Frequently Asked Questions
Typhoon TV Alternatives
With its shutdown, many Typhoon TV users have been looking for a worthy alternative. There are quite a few streaming apps out there, but only a couple really have the feel of Typhoon TV.
- Cinema HD APK: This app is pretty much a 1:1 replacement of Typhoon TV. It’s in active development and has an excellent interface packed with useful features.
- FilmPlus: FilmPlus is the modded version of Terrarium TV and has thousands of shows and movies of high quality available.
- CatMouse: CatMouse lets you stream from their massive library of shows and movies with ease. It offers great audio and video quality in a very simple package.
- Nova TV: Nova TV has one of the best interfaces among all streaming platforms. Furthermore, it can integrate with Real Debrid, All Debrid, Premiumize and Trakt accounts.
Typhoon TV is one of the best streaming apps to date and it’s provided thousands of hours of enjoyment to its over 700,000 users. Even though it’s shut down, its legacy remains which shows by looking at how many of its alternatives borrow a page from its book.
Did we miss your favorite Typhoon TV alternative? What do you think the developer’s next project will be? Let us know in the comments below.