In this guide, we’ll be showing you how to set up the SOPlayer app on FireStick and Android TV. Many people don’t know about SO Player or what it does.
After reading this article, you’ll know about SOPlayer and how to set it up on your device. Let’s get started.
What is SO Player?
The SO Player service is a subscription-based app that’s used to stream its own unique media content.
Note:While it may sound similar, don’t confuse it with those general IPTV services on the market like MyIPTV because it doesn’t have features like live channels, TV shows or movies.
It’s merely a media player app that delivers content from a range of categories to its end users, but it does have an electronic programming guide or EPG.
In some ways, it’s quite similar to the Nora Go app or MyIPTV, but better. Nora Go app users reported a number of issues in streaming and other processes.
Due to these issues, you should prioritize using a SOPlayer subscription over the Nora Go app. You shouldn’t get any error messages or run into any issues.
Note that you should enable the IPTV service first on your device and then activate the SO Player app.
For activation, you’ll be required to provide activation or login credentials like a username and password. These will be in the email sent to you after you’ve signed up for IPTV services, just like with MyIPTV.
Let’s start installing SO Player on Android TV and FireStick. Keep in mind that SOPlayer is also available on iOS devices like the iPhone.
If you want to install it on your iPhone or another iOS device, search for the SOPlayer app on the App Store.
How to Install SO Player on Firestick & Fire TV
Continue reading to learn how to set up SO Player on your FireStick or Fire TV Cube using Downloader. Just follow the step-by-step guide below in order to get started with SOPlayer:
- Launch your Amazon FireStick and search for the Downloader app in the app store.
- Click Download.
- After it’s downloaded, press the Home button on the remote.
- Go to Settings and then go to the My Fire TV option. Then click on Developer Options.
- Make sure to turn On the Apps from Unknown Resources. Then press the Home button.
- Go to the Your Apps & Games page on your device then find and open the Downloader app.
- In the left side panel, open the Settings page and you’ll see a few checkbox options.
- Make sure that all the boxes are checked and then go back to the Home window. Later you can uncheck any of the boxes if you decide you don’t need them once the service is working on your device.
- In the URL box, enter the following URL: https://bit.ly/2PY4ut2. Then click on the Go button to start downloading the SOPlayer APK to your device.
- After the app download is complete, a new window will open. Click the Install button.
- After the installation has completed, click the Done button and you’ll be taken to the downloaded file window.
- You can delete the SO Player APK file to conserve your Amazon FireStick’s limited storage. Now hit the Home button again on your remote.
- Go to Your Apps & Games and find the SO Player app. Launch it and enjoy the content the service provides once you’ve successfully followed this list of steps.
You can now use SO Player to surf through channels with your FireStick or TV Cube. If you have problems, ensure that you used the correct username and password and that your provider ID and pin code are correct.
Also ensure that your TV displaying a message saying that unknown sources are plugged in. You may have to unplug your device and then plug it back in.
Download SOPlayer on Amazon Fire Stick (Video Tutorial)
How to Install SO Player on Android TV
If you have an Android Smart TV device and want to activate the SO Player app on it, there’s a fairly simple procedure to do so. To get started, follow the step-by-step instructions that we’ve provided below to get the service working:
- Start your Android TV device and make sure to establish a good internet connection before proceeding.
- Navigate to the Browser option and Firefox will open up. You can go to any website in this browser so it will do everything we need it to.
- Enter this URL https://bit.ly/2PY4ut2 in the required field of the internet browser window. Now click the Go button.
- A small window will appear that says Complete action using. Click download and then allow the browser to access media files on your device.
- After the completion of the SO Player downloading process, navigate to the three-dot menu in the upper right-hand corner of the browser window on your TV.
- Go to Tools and then Downloads. You should be able to see the downloaded SOPlayer APK. Open this file.
- Click on the Install button.
- After the installation process has completed, open the SO Player app on your TV.
- Enter your pin code and provider ID. The pin code and provider ID should’ve been sent to you by your service provider in an email.
- Click on the Submit button.
You’ve now successfully enabled SOPlayer on your Android Smart TV device and you’re ready to scroll through the channels.
This is important:If you run into any issues with the service, make sure that the name, email and website you used were correct. You should get your pin code and provider ID from your service provider not long after you sign up.
Download the SO Player App on Android Smart TV (Video Tutorial)
Thank you for reading this article. I hope that you found it useful and that you had a successful experience learning about installing the SO Player service on the Fire TV & Android TV platforms.
If you liked this article, please make sure to share it on social media. If you have any questions regarding any of the information in this article, feel free to ask them by dropping a comment in the comment section below.
Next time I comment I’ll look through the recent posts to make sure I answer any questions you may have about the app, the service or your device.