Today I will show you How to Reset Firestick to Factory Settings With or Without Fire TV Remote. The comprehensive and the best digital media player referred to as Firestick which allows you to easily browse and stream any digital or video content. The works process of other gadget follows the same one for Firestick as well however, you may experience a few issues like no memory space, crashing, lagging, etc.
While this situation, it is advisable to Reset Firestick back to its normal form and work as usual. If this issue persists even in the future, you just need to Reset Firestick otherwise the performance issue will have occurred once again. If you are unable to explain or identify the problem, it is better to reset your Firestick to overall all the issues with ease. Here we have shared everything you need to know about how to reset firestick.
Firestick Reset – Possible Causes/Reasons
- 1 Firestick Reset – Possible Causes/Reasons
- 2 Conclusion
The Amazon Firestick reset can be caused by the below-mentioned possible causes. If you experience any issues with the Firestick, please without any second choice just reset your Firestick to overcome the issues.
Please find below the possible causes to force you to reset Amazon Firestick
- If you are experiencing the streaming issue then the best solution is to reset your Firestick, which will help to fix the issue and never face a similar one.
- You will get the black screen after Amazon logo by restarting your device. To overcome this issue by easily factory resetting the Firestick device.
- Sometimes, your Firestick device may be stuck in the reboot process and restarts several times and ends the Amazon Firestick to reset on its own. The rebooting process can be fixed by resetting the Firestick device.
- Your Firestick will hang on the update screen of the Amazon software page while trying to update the software or during the setup process. The best solution to fix this issue by resetting the Firestick device.
- If you are experiencing any network issues, a blank screen will appear while using the Firestick device. To get rid of this problem, please reset your Firestick device.
- If suddenly your Firestick device freezes and even the restarting the device does not fix the issue then you can try the hard reset option on your Firestick device to overcome this problem.
How to Reset Firestick With or Without Fire TV Remote
Please be informed that resetting your Firestick device is a very simple process and you can follow the below-provided steps to resolve the above-stated reasons. If once you reset Firestick device, it will automatically remove all the stored contents from your device like videos, images, applications, etc. After reset, your Firestick will be considered like a newly purchased device. But, anything you purchased through an Amazon account can be restored easily.
Don’t Miss – Best Firestick Apps For Movies, Sports & Live TV
Method 1 – Reset Firestick through Settings
You can reset your Firestick device using the Settings option. Please follow the below steps:
- Navigate to Firestick Home screen by just turning on your Firestick
- From the drop-down Menu, choose the Settings option.
- Scroll down the options and choose the My FireTV menu.
- From the My FireTV Settings, choose the option name “Reset to Factory Defaults”.
- Select the option and you will receive a pop-up message with a warning stating that Your Firestick device will be reset to original factory settings. Your personal preferences and sign-in information will be lost”.
- Now, select the Reset option.
- The resetting process will take at least 15 minutes to time to complete the entire task. Once the process is completed, you will receive a message “Firestick Factory Reset is Successful”.
Method 2 – How to Factory Reset Firestick Using the Firestick Remote
You can reset your Firestick device using the remote control. You need to press hard and hold both Right & Back buttons for at least ten seconds of time. You will receive the drop-down menu and select the option “Reset Factory Defaults”. Then select the Reset option and the device will automatically be restarted. After completing the restart process, you will be able to use your Firestick device without any issues.
Please note that there are still many more methods you can follow the reset or factory reset your Firestick device.
Also, Check – How To Update Amazon Firestick
How to Reset your Amazon Firestick to Factory Defaults (Video Guide)
We are happy to inform that the above-provided information helps you to understand about how to reset firestick and its importance. Keep Visiting Firestick blog for more updates. See you in the next article.